Life Sciences / Industrial Biotechnology
REG is commercializing industrial biotechnology processes that provide cost-competitive, renewable alternatives to petroleum-based chemicals, fuels and other products to our customers. At the core of our technology are biological catalysts engineered to selectively convert abundant, renewable feedstocks directly to drop-in, advantaged and innovative products. For more information on our products click here.
- Proprietary method for the synthesis of mid-to-long chain (8 to 18 carbon) chemicals; developed in our R&D laboratories in South San Francisco, CA.
- Demonstrated expertise with biotechnology tools to optimize molecular composition to customer needs, for instance chemicals with tailored positioned hydroxyl groups.
- Patented process covers the catalytic capabilities of microbial metabolism to produce targeted final products in an environmentally friendly fermentation process.
- Demonstration-scale fermentation facility located in Florida can produce 200+ tons/year.
- Proprietary technology enables the production of multiple products in our fermentation facility.
Diverse feedstock, low-GHG impact
- The REG platform technology can use a variety of feedstocks to produce low-GHG performance molecules and replacements for palm-sourced oleochemicals.
- Our process allows us to use low-cost feedstocks to produce sustainable, competitively-priced REG chemicals. Calculated low-carbon impact of glycerol feedstock for detergent alcohols 85 percent lower than incumbent products.